Cramlington Table Tennis Club is a registered charity whose object is “ The promotion of community participation in healthy recreation by the provision of facilities for playing table tennis”. This means that we are an open club that welcomes players of all ages and abilities whether they wish to play competitive table tennis in the local league or enjoy a social game with the added advantage of getting some healthy exercise.
The Club is run entirely by volunteers with the Executive Committee consisting of up to 9 trustees who are elected from within the membership at their Annual General meeting held in the August of each year. The Club aims to keep its membership fees at a reasonable level but can only do so with the help of fund raising events, sponsorship and donations.
You may be able to help us in one or more or the following ways:
- Become a member – the larger the membership the greater our income.
- Make a donation – through the benefit of Gift Aid we can claim a tax rebate from HM Revenue and Customs on all donations
- Donate goods or services that can be used as raffle prizes.
- Hold a fund raising event
- Sponsor a team – we currently run 17 teams in the Northumbria winter League and 8 teams in the summer league. Entry fees for each team average £60.00. 3 star table tennis balls cost £4.00 for a box of 3. At least one new ball is used for each home game which works out at a minimum of 176 balls for the winter season (180 balls cost £240.00). To play our league matches and provide practice facilities we hire a sports hall on 3 evenings a week at a cost of £200.00 per week.
Just Giving and Vodaphone have entered into a partnership to provide a free service to charities such as Cramlington Table Tennis Club. JustTextGiving enables people to donate by text. All donation text messages, from any mobile phone network, are free of charge. All amounts donated are passed in full to the receiving charity. Additionally, if you pay income tax, the system allows you to make a Gift Aid declaration which means that the receiving charity can claim an addional amount (currently 25p) for every pond you donate.
If you would like to make a donation of £1, £2, £5, or £10 to Cramlington Table Tennis Club then enter “cttc23” (without the inverted commas), followed by the amount, into your text and send it to 70070.
CTTC is extremely grateful for all donations received which will help the Club to continue to promote community participation in healthy recreation by the provision of facilities for playing table tennis.
If you can help us in any way or would like to learn more about the Club please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org